Sunday, May 30, 2010

Fedora 13

In my search for the perfect desktop for my Asus eee 701, i found Fedora 13...

It has been a few years since i tried Fedora Core. The other night I decided to try it on my Toshiba Laptop, and my mouth was wide open after the live cd boot...

I found out that the system was fast... So 2+2, and i tried it on the asus... Live boot ok, install ok (minus a small detail on 1 step due to 800x480 screen), run smooth.....

The installation method is very easy, and everything is perfect for the newbie.

I love the choice of Simple Scan for scanner developed by Canonical (Ubuntu). (You must love FLOSS)

Afterall Fedora keep thins lean, clean and easy.

After a few tweaks i could get 105Mb of ram usage after boot, yes, with Gnome....

Install this, remove that, and after all i got 1.2 Gb free on harddrive even with 245 Mb of swap, this means a lot of free space...

So, it's a good distro, easy, very stable, with some very nice tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Made in Portugal